The health care industry is subject to increasingly complex market changes, regulatory constraints, and governmental scrutiny. In recognition of these unprecedented changes and challenges, Schragger, Schragger & Lavine, LLC provides legal counsel to physicians and health care providers. The firm combines the comprehensive expertise of its professionals to represent individual medical practitioners, partnerships, professional corporations, and other affiliations of professionals, as well as medical staff and health care joint ventures.
We provide a full range of services to clients, including:
• Client-oriented counseling
• Drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements
• Corporate transactions, including financing, mergers and acquisitions, affiliations and joint ventures
• Contract and business disputes
• Medical staff relationships, including credentialing, privileges and peer review
• Representation before professional boards
• Labor and employment matters litigation (Administrative and Civil)
• Patient treatment issues, including consent requirements and policy guidelines
• Fraud and abuse statutes and investigations
• Medicare and Medicaid audits and reviews
• Corporate compliance programs
• Department of Insurance investigations, and professional liability and medical malpractice defense.